Throughout your child’s time in early childhood, elementary school and middle school, you’ll be invited to attend some form of parent-teacher interviews. These interviews are short meetings – about 10-15 minutes – between you and your child’s teacher. The purpose of these meetings is for the parents/caregivers and the teacher to collaborate, establish and identify the student’s strengths and areas for improvement. This should lead to the setting of new goals, with all determining how they can support the student in achieving the goals.
This year’s PTC dates are as follows:
- October 10th, 2018 Parent-teacher conferences (this is a normal school day and conferences will start at 14:30)
- October 12th, 2018 Parent-teacher conferences (parent-caregiver meetings, students do not need to come)
- February 8th, 2019 Three-way conferences (parent-caregiver, student, teacher); end of Semester One
- May 31st, 2019 Teaching & Learning Conference (parents-caregivers & students should attend)
- July 1st-2nd, 2019 Three-way conferences (parent-caregiver, student, teacher); end of year report
Note: During these conferences the specialist teachers will be waiting in their classrooms should you want to drop by and have a meeting with them also.
Note: Please provide your own translator should it be needed. The school is only able to provide a limited amount of translators at one time. Please call the school if you cannot find a translator and we shall try and support you.